Recipe type: Main Dish
- 1 Loaf Frozen Bread Dough (I make my dough in a bread machine)
- 4 oz. Provolone Cheese, Shredded
- 4 oz. Mozzarella Cheese, Shredded
- ¼ lb. Pepperoni
- Pizza Sauce
- 1 Egg
- ¼ tsp. Oregano
- ¼ tsp. Basil
- ¼ tsp. Pepper
- 1/ Cup Parmesan Cheese, Grated
- All the bread dough to rise. Punch down and roll into a long rectangle.
- Beat the egg lightly and combine with the oregano, basil, pepper and parmesan cheese.
- Spread the egg mixture over the bread dough.
- Top the egg mixture with the pepperoni and then the shredded cheeses.
- Roll the dough length-wise (like a jelly roll).
- Brush the tops and sides with melted butter.
- Allow to rise for 5-10 minutes.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes on a greased cookie sheet or baking stone.
- Slice and serve with your favorite pizza sauce.