Salted Peanut Chews
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 Package Yellow Cake Mix
- ⅓ Cup Margarine, Softened
- 1 Egg
- 3 Cups Mini Marshmallows
- ⅔ Cup Corn Syrup
- ¼ Cup Margarine
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- 12 oz Package Peanut Butter Chips
- 2 Cups Crisp Rice Cereal
- 2 Cups Salted Peanuts
- Combine all base ingredients except the marshmallows in a large bowl with a mixer at low speed until crumbly.
- Press the base mixture into the bottom of an ungreased 9" x 13" pan.
- Bake the base at 350 degrees for 12-18 minutes or until it is golden brown.
- Sprinkle the base mixture with the marshmallows immediately after removing it from the oven.
- Return the base mixture to the oven for 1-2 minutes or until the marshmallows just begin to puff.
- Cool the base mixture while preparing the topping.
- In a large saucepan, heat the corn syrup, margarine, vanilla and peanut butter chips until the chips have just melted.
- The mixture should be stirred constantly until it is smooth.
- Remove the topping from the heat and stir in the cereal and nuts.
- Immediately spoon the warm topping over the marshmallows and spread to cover.
- Chill then cut into bars.
- Makes 36 bars