Honey Wheat Rolls
Recipe type: Bread
Serves: Makes ~6 Dozen
- 4 Cups Warm Water
- 4½ tsp Yeast
- 1 Cup Milk
- ½ Cup Honey
- 1 C Mashed Potatoes
- 6 Tbsp Shortening
- 1 tsp Salt
- 11-13 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
- Mix the water, milk, and yeast. Stir until the yeast complete dissolves.
- Add 6 cups of flour and all the remaining ingredients.
- Mix on low speed until smooth.
- Stir and then knead in the remainder of the flour until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Allow the dough to rise until doubled (~1-3 hours).
- Form the dough in to small balls (~2" across) and place them on greased baking sheets.
- Allow the dough to rise for ~1 more hour.
- Bake at 375 for 10-14 minutes until the outside is lightly browned.
Make a large batch of mashed potatoes and put 1 cup portions in the freezer to save time of the preparation of these rolls.