Rigatoni with Fruit and Ham
Recipe type: Main Dish
- ¾ lb Rigatoni
- ½ lb of Cubed Ham
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 12 Green Onions
- 2 Green Apples, Peeled and Chopped
- ½ Cup Apple Juice
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Cup Grated Cheddar Cheese
- ½ Cup Dried Cranberries
- 1 Tbsp Dried Sage
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Cook the rigatoni.
- Heat the butter over medium heat and brown the ham.
- Add the green onion and apples and cook until the lightly browned and tender.
- Set the ham, onion and apple mixture aside.
- Add the apple juice and nutmeg to the skillet. Boil this for ~2 minutes.
- Slowly stir in the cream and simmer until it reduced by ~1/3.
- Add the cheese, cranberries, and sage. Season with salt and pepper and cook until smooth.
- Return the ham mixture to the skillet and stir until everything is well coated.
- Combine the rigatoni with the ham mixture and again stir until the noodles are well coated. Serve immediately.