Rigatoni With Fruit & Ham
Author: Laura Little
Serves: 6 Servings
- 12 Ounces Rigatoni Noodles
- ½ Pound Diced Ham
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 12 Green Onions, Diced
- 2 Green Apples, Peeled and Diced
- ½ Cup Apple Juice
- ¼ Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Cup Grated Cheddar Cheese
- ½ Cup Dried Cranberries
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Sage
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Cook the rigatoni al dente.
- Heat the butter over medium heat and brown the ham.
- Add the green onion and apples and cook until lightly browned and tender.
- Set the ham, onion and apple mixture aside to cool.
- Add the apple juice and nutmeg to the skillet and bring to a boil for 2 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium and stir in the cream. Simmer until reduced by ⅓.
- Add grated cheese, cranberries and sage. Season sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
- Return the ham mixture to the skillet and stir until heated through.
- Combine with the rigatoni and stir until all the noodles are well coated.