Honey Wheat Rolls
Author: Laura Little
Serves: 6 dozen rolls
- 4 Cups Warm Water
- 4½ Teaspoons Yeast
- 1 Cup Milk
- ½ Cup Honey
- 1 Cup Mashed Potatoes
- 6 Tablespoons Shortening
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 11-13 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
- Mix the water, milk and yeast. Stir until yeast completely dissolves.
- Add 6 cups of flour and all the remaining ingredients.
- Mix on low speed until smooth.
- Stir and knead in the flour until the dough is smooth and elastic,
- Allow the dough to rise until doubled (1-3 hours)
- Form the dough into small balls and place them on greased baking sheets.
- Allow the dough to rise for 1 additional hour.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 8-12 minutes until the rolls are lighting browned.