Salted Peanut Chews
Author: Stephanie Bruntz
Serves: 36 Bars
- 1 Package Yellow Cake Mix
- ⅓ Cup Margarine, Softened
- 1 Egg
- 3 Cups Mini-Marshmallows
- ⅔ Cup Corn Syrup
- ¼ Cup Margarine
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla
- 12 Ounce Package Peanut Butter Chips
- 2 Cups Crisp Rice Cereal
- 2 Cups Salted Peanuts
- Combine cake mix, ⅓ cup margarine and egg in a large bowl with a mixer on low speed until crumbly.
- Press this mixture into the bottom of a greased 9" x 13" pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle the marshmallows over the crust mixture while still hot and then return it to the oven for 1-2 minutes or until the marshmallows just begin to puff.
- Cool the crust mixture while preparing the topping.
- In a large saucepan, heat the corn syrup, ¼ cup margarine, vanilla and peanut butter chips until the chips have just melted.
- The mixture should be stirred constantly until it is smooth.
- Remove the topping from the heat and stir in the cereal and nuts.
- Immediately spoon the warm topping over the marshmallows and spread to cover.
- Chill and cut into bars.